Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello 2009.

So...it is a new year. I have been saying that it is great that 2008 is over as it was such a crappy year. Is 2009 really going to be better or are we hoping for the best when the worst is yet to come? I don't know and neither does anyone else.

Reasons 2008 sucked:

  • 401K tanked
  • General investments tanked
  • Fear of losing job
  • Telecommuting policy cut back
  • Home appliance repairs
  • VT lost Orange Bowl to Kansas (Game preparation anyone?)
  • Too many hours at work
  • Garfield getting blocked
Reasons 2009 may be better:

  • If the stock market stabilizes (buy cheap...)
  • VT won the Orange Bowl against Cincinnati (I know, it's only Cincinnati)
  • Won a big job at work...cash flow is necessary to remain employed
  • Michelle will hopefully be working at home over summer = less driving for me
  • No further home appliance repairs (All of them are new (3 years or younger)) Knocking on wood
  • May win the lottery?
  • Obama is president (See ya w)
Okay...so that is all I have. A lot of hoping.

This past week Jacob and I went to Ray's Hell Burgers in Roslyn. Might I say...DAMN tasty and juicy burgers. A fork was necessary after eating half of the burger. I had a grilled burger, medium rare. They come standard with lettuce and tomato. You can choose 3 ways for your burger to be, grilled, blackened, etc. and you can choose from a specialty burger. Or...you can just choose your cheese and toppings. I chose the basic blue cheese for $1.50 more. Next time...who knows. I'll see what the mood strikes. At any rate, I highly recommend this burger joint.

I resolve to be more careful with my money in 2009. Less beer = more money. Less starbucks/easy chair - more french press at home = more money. Less soda and beer when dining out = more money. And the big one: lower gas prices = more money.

Cheers all...here is to a better 2009.

No comments: