Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote!

So...I woke up this morning at about 4:45 so that I could vote before my meeting this morning. I was at Oakton High School at 5:40 and in line by 5:45. There were about 200 people in line in front of me. This is a total guess, but since I did not actually cast my vote until 6:45, I'll stick with it. Polls open in Virginia at 6, so such a line prior to opening must be pretty rare.

I voted for the Obama-Biden ticket. I also voted Mark Warner for US Senate. After today, Virginia will have both Senators and our governor as Blue Staters. The continued transformation of Virginia from Red to Blue makes me happy. I used to think that I was Red, but after actually paying attention to what they stand for, realized I was crazy as I don't believe in anything they do. Well, maybe the death penalty, but nothing else.

Here is to hoping history is made today. 4 years ago I watched Barack Obama give the key note speech at the Democratic National Convention. I said that day that Barack Obama would be President some day. I never thought that it would be just 4 short (long) years later, but...thankfully it is. We (the USA) need it.

Here's to HOPE and CHANGE. It can not be worse than what we have suffered through the past 8 years.

Get out and vote.

No comments: